Rad Rodgers | Console Release and PC Update
Coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 along with a huge free update for PC gamers on February 21st, is Rad Rodgers, bringing with it the 90’s era of platform gaming which is inspired by Commander Keen, Conker and more.
Rad Rodgers is being developed by Slipgate Studios and published by THQNordic, and will be priced at £16.99/$19.99 for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 upon release. The update that PC gamers will be getting for free is already a part of the console release.
• Leaderboards: Gain Scores at the end of each level, and battle with friends to reach the top of the leaderboards.
• Hats: Unlock more than 20 different hats throughout the game, and customize Rad Rodgers.
• New Pogo Vertigo Bonus Levels: Grab a Pogo Stick, and see how far you can get in the new Pogo Vertigo vertical levels.
• New Unlockables: Unlock behind the scenes artwork throughout the game.
• New Pixelverse Puzzles: Pixelverses have been redesigned, and now include brand new types of Puzzles.
• 5 New Levels! Fight through 3 new Pogostick Levels, and 2 massive new levels. The Rainforest Rampage, and Raging Ruins.
• Minibosses! Introducing 2 minibosses throughout the game. • 4 New Enemies! The new Spiky Jellyfish, Powerful Laserheads, and 2 new Minibosses brings new and exciting challenges to the Rad Rodgers enemy roster.
• Brand new weapon! The legendary "Excalibat" from Rise of the Triad, makes a return to Rad Rodgers. Become invincible and smack your way through hordes of enemies with the mighty Excalibat.
• Weapons: Dusty arms Rad with a variety of radical bad-ass weaponry. The Bolt Blaster has unlimited ammo, is easy to use, and more than enough firepower to get the job done. The Phoenix Cannon shoots out a fiery bird whose wingspan lights enemies ablaze as it flies by. There are 5+ weapons in this first chapter, with more to come.
• Sounds & Music: Our composer Andrew Hulshult combined his years of musical experience (both performing and writing) with his passion for retro-style gaming to create an amazing and authentic soundtrack for the game complete with MIDI-inspired music... And synthesizers!
• The Pixelverse: While Rad and Dusty are a great team, only Dusty can enter the electrified Pixelverse -- a dangerous spacetime-breaking region that exists behind the game world. Dusty enters the Pixelverse when necessary to repair glitches in the running game world, allowing both Rad & Dusty to continue their journey.
• Classic Easter Eggs: The game features hard-to-find collectibles in sometimes even harder-to-find classic secret rooms. Use your precision platforming skills to collect 'em all.
Rad Rodgers, a video game fan awakens to find his console has turned itself back on after a marathon gaming session, and created a vortex which sucks Rad into a whole new world, where he is the new star of the show.
Playing through 7 action packed worlds, with hard to find collectibles and super secret rooms to discover, Rad Rodgers looks to be a promising release for console owners who remember the 90’s gaming era with fond memories.